Thinking About What To Do After College?

5.10.15

Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure most of you out there are considering either going to university or getting a job but here are other options you could take:
  • Gap Year - Plan a project/Volunteer (Gaining lots of skills and plenty of amazing experiences)
  • Employement
  • Study in another way
  • Study in another country
This is one of the biggest decisions that could alternate your life in various ways, if you want a career you can build or that you might want to consider going through further education and necessarily this does not mean you have to go to uni' this could mean you join different courses provided by other organisations.

For me I am a person who loves earning something, I started looking for a part time job when I was 15 years old despite against my parents wishes, but I knew that my parents did not save for me to attend university as well as for anything else. But, I knew it was time for more independency and to start looking after myself and be apart of the real world.

My brother and sister have taught me so much about life and what it is really like being an adult, my brother is 15 years older and my sister 13 years older so they know what they are doing!! But to get back to the original point it took me 3 years to finally land my job at H&M and I couldn't have asked for anything better to be honest.
But here is the glitch I could have tried harder to find a job, a job is important if you don't want to rely on other people for money - I hated asking my parents for money and when I was younger I was frivolous with money and didn't care, but you need to look at the bigger picture when you grow up. So what you need to do if your thinking of getting a job then you need to start by having a curriculum vitae, print a couple out and not just give it to some random person who works where you are applying - call the manager, ask to speak to them and say why you want to work there. And call them after a couple of days if they haven't contacted you this shows determination to get a job, but don't go overboard or it would seem your're a bit too desperate.

For me personally, I would like to have studied abroad if money was not an issue furthermore going to America to study was a dream of mine as my family is there so I could have stayed with them. Taking part in The Great Education Debate held at my secondary school, Finland has an impressive education system and it is free to study there as well. I also wanted to take a gap year to work on peace missions and health and safety issues in other countries. However, I am the type of person if I were to leave education for a while then come back to it, I would have found it difficult to adapt to the process of learning and studying again. This is something you need to consider when considering a gap year.

*Images from Google Images

Post a Comment