#tb Shrove Tuesday

22.2.16

Hello All,

Is it me or is it super cold and windy inside and outside!? Hope you guys have enjoyed your weekend.

I thought it would be a great idea to share with you my recipe for wait for it...Nutella filled pancakes! Watch my quick video to get the gist, if not, then you can read my recipe underneath the video.

My recipe does not include the use of weighing scales. And I apologize in advance as my voice sounds a little American and I have no idea where that came from?!


I had fun making pancakes on Tuesday 9th and it has become a massive British tradition. Pancakes are eaten on Shrove Tuesday the day before Ash Wednesday because all the ingredients to make pancakes are forbidden during Lent. If you want to know more about Lent, then why not read this: http://request.org.uk/festivals/lent/lent/.


Video Produced and Edited by me using iMovie (on my phone!)
All images and videos are my own
Music by BenSound

Nutella Filled Pancakes

Equipment:
- Whisk or Electric whisk
- Mixing bowl
- Ladle
- Frying pan
- Spatula
- Spoon

- Ingredients:
- Plain flour 6 table spoons
- 2 table spoons of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- Standard mug of milk
- Margarine or butter for frying
- Nutella
- Fruit, syrup, sugar, lemon juice or whipped cream for decoration (optional)

Steps:
1. Sieve the 6 table spoons of plain flour into a large mixing bowl
2. Crack two egss into the flour making sure there are no egg shells
3. Add the two table spoons of sugar
4. Start mixing up the ingredients together making sure there are no lumps
5. Gradually start adding milk until the mixture is as thin as single cream
6. Put the hob on medium gas, add a bit or butter or margarine to the pan so that the pancake doesn't stick to the pan
7. Grab the ladle and start pouring some mixture in depending on how large you want the pancake to be, but not too much as you will need to add another layer of the mixture on top of the Nutella when you have added it
8. Add a dollop of Nutella in the centre of your pancake and pour some mixture over this so that it seals the Nutella inside
9. Flip once golden brown on one side and repeat till both sides are golden brown
10. Enjoy your Nutella filled pancake and you can choose various topping for decoration or to add to the flavour!

I hope you enjoy making pancakes as much as I do! 

Post a Comment